Are you an exciting educator? Do children listen to you with wonder? Do students look forward to your classes? Do you do magical things to make your teaching interesting? If yes, here’s a chance for you to win the ‘CREATIVE EDUCATOR’ contest!
All you have to do is:
Submit a lesson plan based on a story/narrative and stand a chance to win some cool prizes!
How to enter the contest
- Pick a classroom topic/theme/subject/grade of your choice.
- Pick a children’s/ young adult story (from a storybook/ the internet/ or any other source) that relates to the topic.
- Think up a lesson plan using the story.
- Send the completed lesson plan to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 25th Sep, 2014.
Don’t forget to
- ‘Like’ our Facebook page and/or ‘Follow’ us on Twitter. If you already are connected to us, then jump to the next step.
- Refer this contest to more teachers like you by sharing and tagging them in the poster. You can also tag friends, colleagues, family members who would love to take part in this contest.
- The title of ‘Creative Educator’ 🙂
- Flipkart e-vouchers worth Rs.1500, Rs. 1000 and Rs. 500
- Their plans featured on the Ever After blog/facebook page/twitter feed.
- Discounted entry ticket to our ‘Teaching Through Story’ Workshop on Sep 27th and 28th at Atta Galatta. (First place winner only)
Contest Guidelines and Format for Submission
All teaching ideas submitted should include the following:
- Story title, author, source
- A gist of the story if it is not available in the public domain
- Submit entries in MS Word or Google Doc format
- Content Area(s) (if applicable, ex: language arts)
- Lesson Objective (what do you want the students to be able to do, explain, discuss, etc., by the end of this lesson?)
- Lesson Assesment (how will the students show that they “get it” or can do what you hope?)
- Grade Level(s) or Age Group(s)
- Duration (ex: one 45-minute period)
- Theme/Topic (ex: Water, Ascending Order, Condensation, Mughal Empire etc.)
- Materials Needed (ex: felt pens)
- Supplementary Materials (any worksheets, video links, etc.)
- Step-by-step activities
- In these links you can VIEW, DOWNLOAD and use a suggested lesson template that includes all of the above requirements.
- The lesson plan that you devise must be 100% original.
- One contestant can submit only one lesson plan based on one topic and one story.
- Winners will chosen by experts from the Ever After’s curriculum design team.
- The contest is open to teachers, educators, parents and tutors.
- This contest is open to residents of India only.
- Ever After’s decisions will be final and binding with regard to the contest.
Go on. Create away!